Travelling is one of the best ways to explore new places, cultures, and experiences. But at times, it can pose some challenges to staying healthy and ...
Why to Drink Fenugreek seeds soaked in water every day?Monday November 8, 2021 at 9:26 am
Methi dana, also popularly known as the fenugreek seeds, can bless you with many health benefits if soaked in water. It’s a common spice available in most Indian kitchens and a common ingredient used in households. Fenugreek seeds have a spectacular aroma and flavor that could add health and flavor to any recipe. Drinking these seeds after soaking in water can impart you a daily dose of essential minerals and vitamins. This can give you a better health and fitness level.
Fenugreek seeds have a higher level of anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidants, making them a suitable option for everyone. It can add a wonderful flavor to various preparations and pertain to good health too. Methi seed soaked in water is also amazingly effective on your hair and skin. The addition of fenugreek seeds in veggies and curries also offers a great taste and aroma. The best thing is you can prepare soaked fenugreek seeds water easily at home with a few steps.
What Are the Benefits of Drinking Fenugreek Seeds Soaked in Water?
Are you already flattered by the multi-effects of methi seeds? Do you need some more evidence of its stimulating effects on your health and body? Maybe your grandma must have boasted about the effectiveness of Methi Dana but haven’t taken it seriously yet. Well, what if science and research approve of the same. Can you give it a try right now? Take a glimpse of the top benefits below.
- Drinking methi water fulfills your appetite for longer hours. As Fenugreek is full of essential fibers, it can help in giving you a full feeling. Regular intake also helps in weight management and prevents you from gulping those unhealthy snack items. Since you feel fuller, it is possible to avoid those excess calories, thus avoiding bloating in the stomach.
- When soaked in water, Fenugreek seeds can also give you a large number of nutrients for the growth of hair. Intake of this type of water promotes healthier hair growth, enhances hair volume, and keeps you away from numerous hair problems like dandruff and rough hairs.
- Methi water is also helpful in flushing unnecessary toxins from the body and ensures a better bowel movement. It also aids in solving all kinds of digestion-related issues. Besides, you can also get relief from other problems like constipation, bloating, or digestive disorders.
- These seeds also serve as an excellent remedy for diabetic patients. It very well manages the blood sugar levels and imparts better results. Small amino compounds in the methi seeds can surge up insulin secretion and lower down the blood sugars. Hence, you can get rid of the BP-related issues henceforth.
- Ayurveda is the oldest science in India that articulates the efficacy of fenugreek water in many of its literature and citations. Learned experts and researchers have mentioned about this powerhouse of nutrients at several places.
- Consuming methi dana raw or soaked in water can work wonders in treating diabetes and many other relevant issues. In many cases, diabetic patients drinking this water for years have also been able to reverse this problem completely.
- Research also suggests its effectiveness in curing people suffering from cataracts due to diabetes. Taking this water on an empty stomach is the best way to seek innumerable benefits.
- Fenugreek water is also well-known for the treatment of kidney stones. It can accelerate kidney health and have lasting effects on your body. Those suffering even from long-term kidney issues can get relief with the intake of methi water.
- Methi dana also has several anti-inflammatory properties that could manage heartburns also. If you feel acidic and want to get rid of uneasiness, sip a glass of fenugreek water, and you are good to go.
- Methi is also invincible for shining hair and glowing skin. Several other issues can get sorted through this, such as dark spots, wrinkles, acne, and fine lines. Isn’t it a money-saving alternative to the expensive dermatologist bills?
- Lactating mothers can also procure multiple benefits with the inclusion of fenugreek seeds water in their diet. It augments milk production in women who have recently given birth to babies and want to breastfeed them.
Other Effective Uses of Fenugreek Water
Drinking methi water is proven to cut down the number of heart strokes and other relevant problems. It also cuts down the existing bad cholesterol levels in the blood and reduces the risks of heart-related diseases. Intake of methi water bolsters your overall physical well-being and makes you feel lighter and fit. This is definitely a boon for your hair and skin.
How to Prepare Fenugreek Water?
To prepare the methi water, you need to take a pan and add some fenugreek seeds. Now roast them for a couple of minutes on a very slow flame and then turn it off. Take a mixer, add these seeds into it and grind them into a very fine powder. The next step is to take a glass of warm water, add one tablespoon of methi powder, and mix it well. Your glass of healthy water is ready to drink. Start enjoying it for the optimum wellness benefits. Also, read our blog on the benefits of raisin water on your skin in detail here!
It’s a Wrap!
As now you have a complete hang of benefits associated with the fenugreek seeds soaked in water, it’s a great idea to incorporate in your daily diet preferable before the meals. It can trigger bloating of the stomach if taken in excess amounts. Perhaps, you must fix a small amount of water intake every day to get surprising results from it. If you are expecting or on a baby planning regime, avoid it as methi might strongly impact the human reproductive system. Those facing any other form of health concerns can also seek recommendations from the doctor related to your regular diet.
It is quite possible that you have had a bad experience related to the intake of fenugreek seeds water. In such a scenario, you can start again with small amounts and gradually increase the quantity of these seeds in your meals. Indian cuisine has many more magical ingredients that could add beneficial effects to your overall health and fitness. Once you know about them all, it is possible to eliminate the common health-related issues in your body. Start with a daily intake of fenugreek water today to seek maximum health and fitness!