Travelling is one of the best ways to explore new places, cultures, and experiences. But at times, it can pose some challenges to staying healthy and ...
How is Dalia Helpful in Dealing With Weight Loss?Saturday November 20, 2021 at 11:19 am
A bowl of Dalia can do miracles, and that’s probably why it has become a breakfast staple in many households. With a high quantum of fiber content in it, Dalia proves to be very effective in managing the weight regulating hormones and ranks as the top superfood in the category. Consuming dalia with a glass of hot milk can be simply blissful. It tops the charts for being the top breakfast favorites and ranks at the top place in the breakfast circuit. In this article, we are going to learn is Dalia good for weight loss or not? what all health benefits this Indian wonder food has in for us.
The versatile health properties of Dalia make it a delicious alternative to rice, and people eyeing cutting down carbs in their diet prefer this option. There are many beneficial properties of Dalia, making it a spectacular choice for cutting down on carbs. The addition of dalia along with veggies tossed in oil can bring up unimaginable flavors to satiate your tastebuds.
Dalia can bring a lot of taste when prepared as a porridge, milk, nuts, and tasteful berries. As per Shilpa Arora, the Health Practitioner and Macrobiotic nutritionist, daliya is packed with loads of proteins, fibers, and B vitamins that play a vital role in weight loss.
Daliya is a wonderful option for those seeking weight-loss diets, and you can spruce it up with dense nutrition-filled veggies such as capsicum, peas, tomato, and carrot. It helps in keeping you fuller for a bit longer time and adds skin nourishment as well. Even a little amount of its serving can ensure a healthy weight loss. Also, read our detailed article on tomato soup benefits for weight loss here!
Benefits of Dalia Good for Weight Loss
Below are the top benefits of dalia that can help in effective weight loss management:
- Dalia is a powerhouse of Fibers- Are you aware that every 100 grams of daliya have 18 grams of fiber in it? With such a huge fiber proportion, your digestive health is bound to reach great heights. The rightful addition of fiber to your diet can provide a better bowel movement and a cleaner stomach. With good digestion, you can initiate a better weight loss journey. Fiber keeps your appetite full for a longer time. As it might take a bit long for digestion and fulfills the satiety feeling, you won’t feel like binging on other fattening foods. Having a small portion of dalia can give a fuller feeling till lunch.
- Lower Glycemic Index- Next advantage of Dalia is lower levels of the glycemic index. GI or glycemic index provides a ranking for the level of carbohydrates and their repercussion on the blood glucose levels. Carbohydrates having a low GI value below 55 can easily get digested and ensure better metabolism leading to a slow rise in blood glucose. Dalia is easily digestive and infused with a slow release of sugar in the blood. Hence, it has a considerable impact on weight loss amongst adults.
- Protein-Rich- Dalia is also an excellent source of protein and gets notified as a hub of high proteins. It takes a bit long for digestion and can efficiently suppress the hunger pangs in people. These magic foods are also helpful in boosting the metabolism levels as well as activating weight regulating hormones. Higher protein levels surge up the hormones that reduce your appetite. It benefits in the reduction of hunger hormone levels as well. You can give a power-packed start to your mornings with a bowl of healthy Dalia that naturally helps you lose weight.
- Prevents Constipation- Due to fiber-rich properties, Dalia performs the function of an excellent laxative. It efficiently flushes off the waste products and harmful toxins from your body, including the digestive tract and intestines. If you are facing the risk of constipation, start using the dalia diet on an immediate basis. Introducing it in your meals can also help in coping with the piles’ problem as well. A high fiber count of Dalia is also helpful in reducing other symptoms and crucial diseases such as nausea, abdominal pain, bloating of abs, and gas formation.
- Effective in weight loss- High fiber in Dalia effectively gives you a full feeling, thus allowing no space for overeating. It obstructs you from excessive munching that can spoil your overall health and fitness. As per research, people switching to a whole-grain diet can balance their weights well compared to those on a refined grains diet. If you dream of availing yourself of perfect weight loss, the addition of the Dalia diet can bring fantastic benefits to you.
- Provides muscle gain- Do not forget dalia power if you are trying to achieve muscle mass with your workouts. Intake of proteins can be beneficial for building muscles, and you must try to achieve it by eating lots of dalia in your meals.
- Great for managing diabetes- Dalia includes a low glycemic index along with complex carbs in it. Hence, it facilitates the gradual flow of glucose into your bloodstream. Intake of lesser calories is directly relevant to better management of blood sugar levels.
- Other Anti-Inflammatory advantages- With the intake of betaine, a wonderful metabolic component in whole grains like Dalia, people can lower homocysteine levels that result in chronic inflammation. After including it in your daily diet, the level of chronic inflammation can get alleviated.
Also, check out our in-depth article on the weight-loss advantages of puffed rice here!
Medical Benefits of Dalia
A bowl of daily dalia intake can impart you exceptional benefits that could last long. The carbs in white flour or rice are responsible for weight gain, and you need to immediately put a break on them for accelerating the weight loss regime.
People who intake refined carbs are always at a higher risk of metabolic syndrome and might deal with numerous cardiovascular diseases. Dalia is also helpful in offering protection against metabolic syndromes such as obesity, high blood pressure, and increased triglycerides. It can reduce down the risk of insulin resistance as well.
Other synonyms for Dalia used in various parts of India are cracked wheat, fada, or samba rava. Even organic Dalia is also very nutritious and can increase the metabolism level as well. Such type of dalia is grown with the help of harmful pesticides as well as insecticides. This could enhance taste and cut down the health risks with its organic purity. Due to being minimally processed, the dalia serves as a rich source of fiber and proteins. As proteins take longer to digest, you tend to skip mid-meal snacking habits.
Check out our in-depth article on the benefits of jeera water for weight loss here!
Including dalia in your daily diet will undoubtedly bring in an abundance of health and enrich your experience of consuming good foods. It also amplifies better taste along with good nutrition and rescues you from the hazards of junk foods.
Time to begin your weight loss journey by cooking a bowl of nutrient-rich daliya in your dinner. Bid goodbye to processed grains and welcome good health to your body. After all, fitness is the best gift that you can ever give to yourself. There’s never too late until you make up your mind on something. Search for the delicious daliya recipes and pep up your menu for the next week!