Travelling is one of the best ways to explore new places, cultures, and experiences. But at times, it can pose some challenges to staying healthy and ...
Lose Weight in a Healthy Way With This 2000 Calorie DietSaturday April 29, 2023 at 9:10 am
We suggest the following 2000-calorie Indian diet plan:
Foods to Include in 2000 Calorie Diet Plan:
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Here is an excellent breakfast to start your day:
- Two chapatis made with whole wheat flour (140 calories)
- One bowl of vegetable poha (flattened rice) made with mixed vegetables, spices, and peanuts (250 calories)
- 1 cup of tea with one teaspoon of sugar and a splash of low-fat milk (30 calories)
Total calories in breakfast – 420
2. Mid-Morning Snack
A leisurely brunch to keep from getting hungry is as follows:
- One small banana (90 calories)
- One handful of roasted chana (chickpeas) (100 calories)
Total calories in a mid-morning snack – 190 calories
The following are perfect mid-day meals:
- 1 cup of brown rice (220 calories)
- 1 cup of rajma (kidney beans) curry made with onion, tomato, and spices (250 calories)
- One small bowl of mixed vegetable raita (yogurt-based side dish) made with cucumber, carrot, and onion (100 calories)
- Two small apples (100 calories)
Total calories in lunch – 620
4. Evening Snack
Most of us love our evening tea, and thus we have included it in our diet:
- 1 cup of masala chai or spiced tea made with low-fat milk and one teaspoon of sugar (60 calories)
- One small bowl of mixed fruit salad with seasonal fruits (80 calories)
- One small bowl of roasted makhana or fox nuts with chaat masala or spice mix) (40 calories)
Total calories in evening snack – 180
Finally, a good healthy meal to end your day:
- Two rotis made with whole wheat flour (140 calories)
- One bowl of mixed vegetable sabzi (curry) made with carrot, beans, cauliflower, and peas (150 calories)
- One small bowl of dal (lentil) made with onion, tomato, and spices (200 calories)
- One small bowl of low-fat yogurt (60 calories)
Total calories in dinner – 530
That is 1990 calories in all, making a perfect diet for you to practice. Also, you can check out our article on :
Also, you can download the PDF for the same here.
There are several questions about this 2000-calorie diet. The following are some of the most Frequently Asked Questions:
Question: How many calories should I eat in a day?
Answer: The number of calories one should eat in a day depends on several factors, such as age, sex, weight, height, health condition, level of physical activity, and overall health goals.
A good rule is that an average adult needs around 2000 to 2500 calories per day to maintain their weight. Moreover, a moderately active adult may need around 200-400 additional calories per day.
Another good way is to take your existing diet and cut about five hundred per day. Assuming you were taking a somewhat balanced diet, to begin with, you will lose about a pound a day.
Your best solution, though, is to consult an expert, set your goals in consultation with them, and create a diet accordingly.
Question: Why am I not losing weight as much as others?
Answer: We all have different metabolism rates, and several factors will affect the rates at which your calories are burnt. Comparing your body with others may result in a bad body image. Instead, one should focus on one’s goals of how you can lose weight by having a properly balanced diet.
Question: What are some of the precautions I must take care while taking this diet?
Answer: The following are some of the considerations while taking this diet:
- The calorie value of each item is representative only, and actual figures in your use may vary.
- You must consult a physician or a registered dietician before shifting to this diet plan, especially if you have a medical condition, are on medication, are pregnant, or are breastfeeding.
- Ensure that you are not allergic to any of the food items in the diet before shifting to it.
- The diet is generic, and you can easily modify it by changing items for ones you like with similar calorific and nutritional value.
- It is crucial to remember that your diet should not be entirely focused on calories only but should also ensure that you have enough other nutrients as well.
- Besides a balanced diet, you must exercise and do some cardiovascular exercises periodically for the best results.
The information in this blog is generic and may not apply to your case.
If the reader has any other questions, they should feel free to ask them here.
The Bottom Line
One can easily wrap up the above discussion by concluding that a 2000-calorie diet can be practiced if one tries a little.