Are you a pharma student who wants to be an entrepreneur and wants to make some great money on the back of the big pharma industry? If yes, then you c...
What are the steps to open a Pradhanmantri Jan Aushadhi Kendra?Wednesday October 7, 2020 at 11:44 am
After the overwhelming response for Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP), Government is planning and encouraging the initiative to open multiple centres all across the country for it. Still, several people are unaware of how to start a Jan Aushadi Kendra? A recent Pharma news stated that the Government planned to open up 1500 centres under the PMBJP scheme to generate better employment rate in the country. If you are also willing to open up this kind of set up, the details in this write up might help you out.
So far, more than 10,000 people out of which 250 were women got employment through Jan Aushadhi Kendra. What’s the mantra behind this scheme and opening up such centres? India being a developing country, many people are areas that are below the poverty line and lack healthcare facilities. Branded medicines are sold at expensive rates and are beyond the reach of common people. While the generic substitutes pertain a similar remedial value and are available at cheaper rates. Making such generic medicines available to the countrywide people so that no one compromises on health is the sole objective of Jan Aushadhi Kendra opened under PMBJP.
What does Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Kendra mean?
At Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Kendra, you can get the best quality generic medicines at feasible rates and the Government is emphasizing on the promotion of opening such outlets all across the country. Under this campaign, Pharma Industry evokes to manufacture, distribute and sale the generic medicines that are not branded but pertain the efficacy of all expensive drugs. As soon as this pharma news broke out, the entire industry vigorously started manufacturing such medications. There are still many branded pharma companies who are objecting this measure of the Government.
Features that generate demand for the opening of Jan-Aushadhi Kendra:
- You can get good quality medicines at reasonable costs and that facilitates better health care and treatment for the average people. Hence, the people having a low income can afford good treatment promptly.
- At Jan Aushadhi Kendra, you can get almost all types of Generic medicines and Government ensures that the manufacture and sale of such drugs go in full fling.
- Recent Pharma News also cleared that such centres are reputed and pertain a legit License from the Government.
- Anyone can open such centres after fulfilling the legal formalities stated under the norms. The Government authorizes such centres opened under NGO/Institution or Co-operative Society who offers free space in their premises for this purpose.
- Considering the quality of these medicines, it is validated by WHO which considers the Good Manufacturing Practise (GMP) or Current Good Manufacturing Practise or the CPSUs. All of these factors are important for ensuring the reliability of these unbranded generic drugs.
Eligibility to open a Jan Aushadhi Kendra
Following are eligible to open such type of centre after taking permission from relevant Government authorities:
- Charitable Institutions/Hospitals
- Reputed professional bodies/organizations
- Private Hospitals
- Self Help Groups
All of these can make an application to open such Generic medical stores.
Essentials of opening a Jan Aushadhi Kendra
While Pharma Industry is trying to manage the supply and demand of such stores, an increase in the number of centres is generating higher demands. Many other essential factors are vital to open such Kendra. They are as below:
- Either an owned space or the rented one but having a legal lease agreement
- A minimum of 120 Sq. ft. space is a standard space to start up with Jan Aushadhi store.
- Owner needs a legit drug license in the name of “Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Kendra” along with other vital permissions that helps in starting a drug store. You need to comply with all statutory requirements as per the law to avail the permission for drug storage. The applicant needs to be diligent about this aspect.
- For individuals applying to such centres, a PAN Card and Aadhaar is compulsory.
- If applicants are NGO/ Hospital, Charitable Institute, a certificate of Incorporation and Registration certificate is also necessary along with PAN Card and Aadhar.
- For applicants like Govt Nominated Agency/ Government, applicants have to mention the information of the Department allocating a space along with other vital documents like the PAN Card, Sanction order, Aadhar and PAN Card.
- Every Jan Aushadi Kendra must have a professional Pharmacist and you need to present the proof such as name, Registration proof and other crucial details.
- Applicant also need to mention the financial capacity backed up with 3 years of audited accounts and a sanction letter if they want to present it for further loan requirements.
There are many centres set up by the Government India, and you can find its list at any Pharma website that gives regular updates on Pharma news.
How much can you earn by opening a PMBJP Kendra?
As the owner deals in Generic medicines, profit margins are less, but the bulk sale can fetch you enormous profit for sure. Pharma Industry is examining the potential of growth in unbranded pharmacy and bringing up measures to develop a better scope for companies and firms. Exact income from any Jan Aushadhi Kendra depends on the amount of sales that occurred in that particular month. If you are selling the medicines worth Rs.1 Lakh, you could easily fetch a profit of Rs.20,000 which is 20% of the sale. Plus, you might also get an additional incentive of Rs.15,000 for the sale of medicines monthly that gets debited in your bank account. With this, your monthly income might rise to Rs. 30,000. With the increase in sales of Generic drugs and other pharmacy products, you can generate revenue and make a better living with such centres. Government of India supports and facilitates all possible help to ensure that the Pharma Industry promotes and widens the production of generic drugs.
You might be thinking of how to apply for the Jan Aushadhi Kendra online? Applicants can download the forms through https://janaushadhi.gov.in/, fill in the right details and forward it to the General Manager (A & F) from Bureau of Pharma Public Sector Undertaking of India (BPPI). Complete address and contact details are easily accessible at their portal. You have to submit the online document and attach requisite documents for final verification and scrutiny. Hopefully, all these details might prove helpful in starting such centres and promote the sale of generic medicines in the country. For more such Pharma news and latest updates in the Pharma Industry, keep visiting us!