Travelling is one of the best ways to explore new places, cultures, and experiences. But at times, it can pose some challenges to staying healthy and ...
What Are Dark Circles, and How Can One Get Rid of ThemSunday July 17, 2022 at 8:55 am
One of the greatest menaces of modern life is the formation of dark circles under one’s eyes. Of course, they can’t be called a severe health problem, but no one wants to have that look they give one – of appearing stressed, tired, unhealthy or old.
Dark circles are dark blemishes that sometimes form around the eyes. They result from excessive pigmentation or darkening of the skin around the eyes due to excessive formation of Melanin in it.
Get Rid Of Dark Circles
As for getting rid of them there are several ways of getting rid of them. Some of these are natural, while others may need a medical prescription.
The best ways of getting rid of dark circles are enumerated and discussed in detail below:
1. Don’t forget to get good sleep
Tiredness, fatigue, and bad sleeping habits are some of the most common causes of dark circles. Moreover, they make one look paler and thus your dark circles darker. Having good sleeping habits is, therefore, one of the best, easiest and laziest ways of getting a good sleep every night. Some methods of improving sleep include the following:
- Going to sleep at the same time every day.
- Switching off one’s phone or, at the very least, putting it on Do-not-Disturb mode to avoid distractions.
- Turning off all the lights and not using mobiles are off.
- Not lying in bed before it is time to go to sleep.
- Using blue light filters on one’s smartphones and laptops.
- Not drinking coffee or any caffeinated products during hours before bedtime.
2. Use that extra pillow
Another easy method relating to sleep time that can help one get rid of those menacing dark circles is to use an extra pillow. An extra pillow will give one sufficient elevation to one’s head and thus help reduce the puffiness of fluids pooling in the lower eyelids. That, in turn, can reduce the formation of dark circles.
3. Cold compresses
Blood vessels may dilate due to any number of reasons, and this can also lead to the formation of dark circles. If that seems to be the cause of dark circles, a cold compress can easily help one get rid of dark circles.
4. Avoid the sun as far as possible
Sun may be the ultimate source of all energy and life, but due to the effects of global warming, even the slightest exposure to it can have dire consequences on one’s skin. Dark circles are one of the least dangerous but annoying consequences of the same, which is one more reason to avoid the sun.
5. Keep the skin moisturized.
One can use many readily available over-the-counter moisturizers for this purpose. Keeping your facial and body’s skin moisturized is critical to reducing the signs of aging on it. Many moisturizers can be effective against pigmentation that leads to these dark circles.
6. Using Cucumber
Another common method is putting cucumber slices above the skin of one’s eyes as an easy way of getting rid of dark circles.
7. Using Almond oil and vitamin E
A mixture of equal amounts of almond oil and vitamin E is another substance that can be used naturally to get rid of dark circles. This solution should be gently applied to the skin at night and can be washed a day later.
8. Use caffeinated tea bags
Soak two caffeinated tea bad in warm and then place them in refrigeration. These bags can now be placed for five minutes, at the end of which they are removed, and the eyes are to be rinsed with cold water. This simple homemade remedy can be pretty effective in getting rid of dark circles. Also, check out our article on Indian foods that lasts long without a refrigerator.
9. Use skin-lightening cream
As their name suggests, these creams can lighten the color of human skin. Many of these are available easily over the counter.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
A lot of people have doubts and questions regarding gold lockers. Some of the most important of these frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) are discussed in detail below:
Question: What are some of the causes of dark circles?
Answer: They can be formed due to several reasons, including the following:
- Dilated blood vessels
- Exposure to sun
- Excessive melanin formation
Question: Are there any precautions I must take while taking the abovementioned measures?
Answer: Yes, the following cautionary notes must be kept in mind while using the methods mentioned above to get rid of dark circles:
- Some of the abovementioned methods may not be permanent and will have to be consistently applied for the best benefit.
- If one is going through stress or is feeling exhausted frequently or constantly, changing one’s lifestyle can help a lot.
- Everyone has a different body and skin, so the success of these methods may vary a lot.
- It is highly advised to consult one’s physician before adopting these methods, especially for those with sensitive skin or with skin allergies.
Question: Are there other methods for more people with severe cases of dark circles?
Answer: Some other methods that can be used in more severe cases in the consultation with doctors include the following:
- Laser therapy
- Chemical peels
- Blepharoplasty (plastic surgery to remove the fat from lower skin to remove the shadow caused by the same)
- Fillers directly injected under the eye by an expert
All these methods need consultation and service by medical experts.
Question: Are dark circles dangerous to health?
Answer: No. They present no threat to one’s health.
If the reader has any other questions or doubts, they can feel free to ask these questions.
The Bottom Line
One can easily wrap up the above discussion by concluding that the abovementioned methods should prove effective in most cases. Even if they don’t, one should still learn to love the body and the skin one lives in.