Avocado, originally hailing from the southern regions of Mexico but now widely cultivated across the globe, has surged in popularity over the years. R...
What are the Principal Benefits of Muskmelon?Friday January 28, 2022 at 11:31 am
When you are thinking of summer foods, what are the first things that come to mind? Fruits or veggies that have high water content or sweet foods that cool the body. And while you are on the lookout for more such fruits, consider Muskmelon as your first choice. More commonly called a cantaloupe, MuskMelon is a great choice of fruit with taste and health benefits all in one.
So what are some of the benefits of Muskmelon that can make it your best choice this summer, let us find out!
What are the principal Benefits of Muskmelon?
One of the most nutrient-rich foods, the biggest benefit of Muskmelon is how much nutritional value it carries. Here is a list of the most important benefits you should know about Muskmelon, aka, cantaloupes.
- Any kind of water-rich fruit has the advantage of being rich in fibers. It carries water that keeps the body cool and hydrated throughout the day
- There are a number of nutrients that this fruit contains, some of which are – calories, carbohydrates, fibers, protein, vitamins (A, C, and B6 among others), potassium, and magnesium
- It helps as a hydrating fruit, but the high-vitamin content in Muskmelon also helps to protect against extreme cold or chilly weather. It also helps reduce the risk of infections.
- Though it is a sweet fruit, the calorie content in this fruit is low and helps during maintaining a diet or while exercising.
11 Important Benefits of Muskmelon you should know
- Keeps you hydrated for a long time: The most important thing about summers is to keep yourself hydrated throughout the day. The high temperatures often cause a lot of health problems, which is why it becomes more important to increase the water intake. Fruits like muskmelon help to keep the water level in your body high, in case you forget to meet the water intake limit.
- Rich in anti-oxidants and fibers: With multiple anti-oxidant nutrients and rich fiber content. This in turn also has roughage, which makes sure that your digestive system is healthy and active in summers.
- Helps control blood pressure: Potassium content in Muskmelon s really good for people who suffer from any blood pressure-related problems. The potassium helps regulate hypertension and keeps the pressure in check, especially in summers where there might be fluctuations due to the high temperatures.
- Regulating blood sugar levels: One of the major problems that diabetic patients face is consuming fruits. Sweet or sour fruits are often off-limits for them. So the best idea for them would be fruits with high water content and a balanced taste. This is why Muskmelons can be a great idea, given that they have a lightly sweet taste and the high nutrient value can actually help to manage the blood glucose levels.
- Good for the eyes: Vitamin A is one of the biggest nutrients that helps in maintaining good eyesight. And Muskmelon has a high vitamin A content that makes it really good for eyesight. When you are taking Muskmelon even in a little quantity, it adds to the vitamin value of your body. In fact, the micronutrients in Muskmelon are known to reduce the risk of cataracts.
- Helps boost immunity: The number of minerals and nutrients that come in Muskmelon helps to boost the immune response and disease-resisting factor in the blood. Which is a great help for people who have a weak immune system or suffer from any kind of health condition.
- Great in pregnancy: Folic acid is one of the most essential nutrients that help in the growth of a baby. For pregnant mothers, folic acid is absolutely necessary throughout their term. Muskmelon contains a lot of folates which help to supplement the folic acid, which is a good idea to consume in pregnancy.
- Good food post-workouts: When you are on a strict diet or exercising a lot, hydration is the best idea for you. Muskmelon is considered to help in weight loss because of its low-calorie and almost zero fat content. The calories help to keep your energy up at the same time balance out the water loss you had from the workout. This is why having Muskmelon after a long workout session can be helpful to prepare you for the day ahead.
- Good for your skin: Anti-oxidants are one of the greatest perks for good, healthy skin. The rich water content that keeps you hydrated is the same thing that keeps your skin healthy and glowing. Making it a part of your summer skincare routine may be a good idea after all.
- Brings a comfortable sleep: Muskmelon increases oxygen circulation throughout the body. So when your brain gets enough oxygen at the end of a long day, it helps you to sleep better. Taking a little amount of Muskmelon can be a good idea before going to sleep, as it can enhance sleep.
- Works as a stress reliever: Since Muskmelon can help a person sleep better, it obviously means that you will have lower levels of stress. If you consider it that way, Muskmelon works as a great stress reliever for a hot, humid day.
Q1. Can Muskmelon work for better skin?
Ans: The high content of anti-oxidant helps to increase circulation and purifies the blood. So this makes Muskmelon a really helpful fruit for good skin.
Q2. How does Muskmelon boost immunity?
Ans: The great number of healthy nutrients, vitamins, minerals all help to boost immunity. There is iron, vitamins, folate, thiamine – all of which have been known to increase immune functions.
Q3. Will Muskmelon help me sleep better?
Ans: Yes. Increasing the blood and oxygen circulation in the brain and body helps people who consume Muskmelon, sleep better.