Horsegram, also known as Macrotyloma uniflorum, is a lesser-known legume that has been an integral part of traditional diets in several regions, parti...
Receipes for Protein ShakesSunday October 20, 2019 at 9:52 am
Chill out yourself with some healthy, flavorsome and energetic homemade protein shakes. Protein shakes are the best way to nimbly get all sorts of proteins and also play a role for good substitutes for a meal.
- 2 large Bananas (ripe)
- 2 to 4 dates or (sugar or maple syrup as needed)
- ½ tsp cinnamon or ¼ tsp cardamon powder ( or vanilla extract)
- 2 ice cubes or milk cubes
- 1 1/2 cups chilled milk or water or coconut water
- 24 almonds (1 to 1 ½ ounce) or ½ cup fresh coconut
- Blend until smooth and frothy.
- Banana contains potassium and magnesium which provides a good source of energy and also helps in maintaining a proper level of other minerals in the body.
Calories : 462 kcal | protein : 8g | calcium : 101mg | potassium: 1326mg
Peanut Butter Oats Shake
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp oats
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 banana
- ½ cup yogurt
- ½ cup milk
- Blend all the ingredients together.
- Feel free to add a dollop of peanut butter or garnishing of your choice just before you have the shake.
- Banana is good a source of potassium gives you the energy you need after a workout.
- Peanuts and dairy are rich in protein, thus, help in maintaining energy levels.
Calories per: 250kcal| Proteins 11.9 g| Fats 18.9 g| Carbs 33.5 g| Fibre 4.3 g
Avocado Chocolate shakes
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 pieces dark chocolate
- 1 cup milk
- Chop the avocado, banana and dark chocolate. Blend well.
- Keep some chocolate shavings aside to use it as a garnish.
- Serve chilled
- This protein shake is rich in magnesium which helps in muscle function while calming your nerves.
- Chocolate restores muscle glycogen and rehydrates the body post your workout. It also regulates sugar levels.
- Avocado, which is rich in good fat helps in the absorption of protein while displacing the bad fats present in the body.
- You can either have this shake post your workout or as a mid-day snack to satisfy those sugar cravings.
Calories per: 250 ml| Proteins 7.3 g| Fats 21.2 g| Carbs 40.5 g| Fibre 4.6 g