Travelling is one of the best ways to explore new places, cultures, and experiences. But at times, it can pose some challenges to staying healthy and ...
Losing 10 Kg in 10 Days – is It Even Possible?Saturday January 21, 2023 at 2:25 pm
Everyone feels the urgency of losing weight. There are always some events or occasions in one’s life that motivate one to lose weight – maybe one wishes to fit in a particular dress or look their best for their crush. The best one can do is go on a diet and exercise to lose weight. But time crunch is the major issue. This is why people often fall prey to crash dieting. Some quacks or blogs claim one can lose 10 kgs in 10 days. It sounds so appealing and logical as people believe eating is the root cause of weight gain.
To lose 10 kgs in 10 days, some quacks promote the consumption of only fruits or vegetables or juices. Many would ask us to eat only once for a few days and lose weight. Sometimes one goes dangerously low with the calories just to get fast results. Something like an 800 – 900 calorie diet is unhealthy. Though 10 kg is an ambitious target, here some ways are explored which will result in significant loss of weight without affecting your health but let first it is important to understand why crash dies are not the solution:
1. When less is not more.
People often have a wrong notion with crash dieting that “less is more”. What such crash diets follow is low carbohydrates, fat-free and moderate proteins. It is a very low-calorie diet. Therefore it has more side effects than benefits. The calories are much less than what you burn. There is a major gap between the calories burnt and consumed. Thus, you see fast results. but these results have a lot of side effects if we don’t take due care while doing such things.
A typical crash diet will look something like the following:
- Consuming less than 1000 calories in a day.
- There will be no restriction on the consumption of plain water, black coffee, or tea (without sugar).
- Consuming around 2 – 3 liters of water daily.
- Only low-fat or skimmed milk products are allowed for consumption.
- Use of appropriate fat substitutes.
- Cutting down the use of fats in foods.
- Only lean meat, fish, or egg whites as a non-veg diet.
- Eat whole grain cereals and millet instead of wheat and rice.
- Work out twice a day for at least 40 – 45 minutes.
- Reducing the number of meals taken in a day.
2. Crash diet ignores other nutrients
A crash diet is also to be blamed as it entirely ignores several vital nutrients like proteins, vitamins, minerals, etc.
3. Short-term results
Following a crash diet for a few days might give us desired result. Maybe you lose 10 kgs in 10 days. But it is really interesting to know if this weight loss is the healthy one or not. Crash diets give short-term results as one often gains weight as soon as one gets off the diet.
4. Health effects
A crash diet affects everything from body water composition to blood glucose levels. Ironically body fat which is what any weight loss program should target is the last thing that is affected and by then one night already be suffering from several health problems. Additionally, the loss of weight is more in form of muscle rather than fat which is terrible.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are several questions about losing weight. The following are some of the most Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.s) :
Question: What are some of the helpful tips for losing weight in a good way?
Answer: The following are some of the ways of losing weight without suffering from the harmful effects of crash dieting.
- Exercise regularly. Exercise should increase your heartbeat and you should do it in longer bursts like running.
- Eat food that is rich in proteins and other nutrients.
- Avoid food rich in fats. Don’t consume more calories than you can burn.
- Avoid empty of bad calories like alcohol, chocolates, fast food, etc.
- Create a diet plan that you can stick to your entire life.
- All these things should be done together and results will be visible in a matter of weeks.
Question: crash dieting is good for our body in the long run.
Question: Should we do more exercise while doing crash dieting?
Answer: No as the body gets weak due to calorie deprivation.
Question: Can we recover from the side effects of crash dieting?
Answer: Yes by following the right diet immediately when we realize what is wrong with our body.
Question: Is crash dieting a permanent solution for weight loss?
Question: Is 10 kg weight loss possible in 10 days?
Answer: Yes, but it can cause serious side effects.
If the reader has any other questions, they should feel free to ask them here.
The Bottom Line
One can easily wrap up the above discussion by concluding that it is not possible to lose 10 kgs in 10 days without dire health consequences.