Turmeric, scientifically known as Curcuma longa, is a vibrant yellow spice with a captivating history and a wide range of uses in the kitchen and medi...
All One Needs to Know About Stream One’s FaceWednesday April 13, 2022 at 12:01 pm
Humanity has known the many benefits of steaming for centuries. Yet, in particular, facial steaming has been gaining a lot of attention recently, with all the steamers available in the market claiming to allow their user to do it at their home. It is claimed that steaming can give you glowing skin. But there are also some doubts as several people have complained about dry skin. This article will explore all these things in detail.
First of all, One must understand that steaming is beneficial for the skin and can give it a glowing look only if it is done right. Otherwise, it may result in either dry skin or oily skin. If done right, though, it will be good for the skin. One of the critical benefits of steaming is that it need not be expensive.
Steps on How to Steam Your Face
To steam their face at home, the reader needs to take the following steps:
1. Steaming the face using a steamer
If one uses the steamer, one need only use the instructions given on the box.
2. Using the towel
One can also steam using a towel only. Take a small clean towel and pour hot (not too hot, it should not be boiling) water. If the towel feels too hot in one hand, it is too hot, and one should wait till it is not that hot. One need only wriggle out the towel and put it on one’s face for maximum benefit to the skin.
3. Using a bowl and towel
Take a bowl of hot boiling water and hold your head over it. Use a towel as a tent to keep the bowl and the face. That will trap the steam. Now just sit there and enjoy the steam!
Also, check out our other guides on Skin Cares here!
Some of the most frequently asked questions (FAQs) concerning steaming one’s face are:
Q1: What precautions do I need to take while steaming my face?
A2: The following are some of the precautions that need to be taken while steaming:
- Don’t steam for more than seven to eight minutes. Steaming tends to reduce the unnecessary oils. It is essential not to do it too long, or the skin may get too dry. Also, observe how skin reacts to steam. If there is an irritation, stop immediately.
- It is essential to hydrate the skin soon after steaming. If hydration is not done, the skin may produce oils to compensate. That, in turn, may result in oily skin.
- Do not use oil-rich creams or face washes for a few days after steaming as they make the skin oily or clog the skin pores once again.
- Keep the face a few inches away (at least six) from the steam source to avoid burns. Remember, a steam burn can be worse than a boiling water burn.
- Keep your eyes closed during the steaming process.
- People with sensitive skin or other conditions should consult a physician before steaming. Rosacea, for example, is a health condition that worsens when one steams one’s face. It is also advisable that they only get it done through a professional.
- Skin will become somewhat sensitive after steaming, and it is advised that it shouldn’t be irritated in any way, for example, by rubbing with a towel.
Q2: What are some of the benefits of streaming my face?
A2: Some of the essential benefits of streaming the face include:
- It can reduce the unnecessary oils in the skin.
- It can cleanse the skin of dirt particles that may have accumulated on the skin.
- It can lead to naturally glowing skin.
- It can help make it easier to remove the blackheads on the skin.
- It can open the skin pores and thus increase the permeability of various skin products that the reader may be inclined to use, including the products meant to fight acne and pimples.
- It can lead to increased blood flow, resulting in more plump skin.
- It can be free.
Q3: How frequently should I stream my face?
A3: Once a week. In some cases, twice a week is possible but only with less sensitive skins.
Q4: What are some of the other tips for steaming my face?
A4: The following tips may also come in handy while steaming one’s face:
- Using a Vitamin A-rich cream for exfoliation before steaming can open the skin pores and increase the benefits of steaming. Exfoliating will also remove any dead skin cells one may have.
- Some healthy herbs and oils may be added to boiling water to further add to the benefits of steaming. Some helpful herbs include Chamomile, mint, and eucalyptus, while mint oil, eucalyptus oil, and bergamot oil are some of the oils that may also be used.
- Green tea may also be used for the steaming process, though tap water is nothing wrong.
- You can take a break halfway through the steaming session to see how the skin reacts to the steam.
- Drink water before steaming to ensure that you stay hydrated.
Q5: How should I get ready to steam my face?
A5: The following are some of the things one can do to be ready for steaming their face:
- Get all the things you may need before, during, and after the steaming. It is critical to do that before you set to heating the water.
- Make sure one has enough time for the steaming process. Skipping on aftercare just because one has suddenly remembered something urgent is not an option.
- Drink water to stay hydrated.
- Exfoliate your facial skin.
- Use a vitamin A-rich cream to open the skin pores.
Q6: What are aftercare things I should do after steaming my face?
A6: It must be noted that skin is somewhat sensitive just after the steam. One can do the following things as aftercare:
- Rinse it in lukewarm water.
- Apply a moisturizing cream.
- Gently massage the face.
From the above discussion, one can conclude that steaming has several excellent effects, and one should definitely do it. The steps mentioned above can help the reader steam their face most effectively.