Complete lockdown for Tamil NaduMonday May 10, 2021 at 1:09 pm
The Tamil Nadu government has ordered a complete lockdown from May 10 until 24, in order to control the spread of the ever-growing virus in the country. After the state surpassed the 25000 limit on Friday, the government was prompted to take such a decision. 197 fatalities have already been reported in the state, thus taking the total number to 15171.
On May 8 and 9, all the shops and institutions were opened. These will remain open from 6 AM to 9 PM, so that the people can make all the arrangements beforehand.
MK Stalin, Tamil Chief Minister stated that the lockdown is being imposed because of ‘unavoidable reasons’. In a review meeting with the district collectors and medical experts, such a decision is finalized.
The CM exclaimed, “The total lockdown will be enforced from 4 am on May 10 to 4 am on May 24.”
Guidelines before travelling to Tamil Nadu :
1. All the religious places of worship to remain closed in Tamil Nadu and nobody is to be permitted.
2. All schools, universities and training institutes to remain shut.
3. Cabs and auto rickshaws to be unserviceable, only for hospital, funeral or wedding purpose.
4. Tamil Nadu State Marketing Corporation Limited (TASMAC) liquor outlets to remain closed.
5. Any events including social, political, sports or cultural events to be banned.