Horsegram, also known as Macrotyloma uniflorum, is a lesser-known legume that has been an integral part of traditional diets in several regions, parti...
10 Smoothie ideas that are good for healthFriday July 26, 2019 at 1:20 pm
Smoothies are a great way to stay fresh and energized all day long. Not only do they taste delicious but are packed with vitamins and nutrients essential for health. Since smoothies are full of fresh fruits, vegetables, and protein — the options are endless. We mix it up with lots of variety so the smoothies don’t get boring.
List of Healthy Smoothie Ingredients
Kale – insanely low in calories, powerful anti-oxidant with anti-inflammatory properties, and helpful for arthritis and autoimmune diseases
Spinach – the beauty of spinach lies in how easy it is to disguise the taste. It’s mild tasting yet packed with vitamins, has anti-cancerous properties, and is one of the healthiest foods on the planet
Blueberries – one of the highest antioxidant capacities of all fruit which helps to combat free radicals in your body
Strawberries – just one serving provides more vitamin c than an orange while being low in natural sugars
Greek Yogurt – double the protein and half the carbs as regular yogurt
Cucumber – since it’s 95% water, it’s an incredible detoxifier and helps with liver and kidney function
Lemon – one of the most important items to stock in your kitchen as it’s a highly effective cleansing agent and cuts through the bitterness of greens
Banana – an essential in smoothies as it adds creaminess, a touch of sweetness, and helps you feel full longer plus, it’s rich in potassium and fiber and gives you natural energy
Turmeric – anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties
Ginger – aids in digestion and supports the immune system
Chia + Flaxseeds – rich in Omega-3 and fiber benefits
1. Banana Smoothie- Blend 2 bananas, 1/2 cup each vanilla yogurt and milk, 2 teaspoons honey, a pinch of cinnamon and 1 cup ice.
2. Strawberry-Banana Smoothie- Blend 1 banana, 1 cup strawberries, 1/2 cup each vanilla yogurt and milk, 2 teaspoons honey, a pinch of cinnamon and 1 cup ice.
3. Strawberry Shortcake Smoothie- Blend 2 cups strawberries, 1 cup crumbled pound cake, 1 1/2 cups each milk and ice, and sugar to taste. Top with whipped cream and more strawberries.
4. Triple-Berry Smoothie- Blend 1 1/2 cups mixed blackberries, strawberries, and raspberries with 1 cup each milk and ice, and sugar to taste.
5. Raspberry-Orange Smoothie- Blend 1 cup each orange juice and raspberries, 1/2 cup plain yogurt, 1 cup ice, and sugar to taste.
6. Peach-Mango-Banana Smoothie- Blend 1 cup each chopped fresh or frozen peaches and mango, 1 cup each plain yogurt and ice, 1/2 banana, and sugar to taste.
7. Honeydew-Almond Smoothie- Blend 2 cups chopped honeydew melon, 1 cup each almond milk and ice, and honey to taste.
8. Chikoo Smoothie- Blend 2 cups chopped chikoo, the juice of 1/2 lime, 3 tablespoons sugar, 1/2 cup water, and 1 cup ice.
9. Carrot-Apple Smoothie- Blend 1 cup each carrot juice and apple juice with 1 1/2 cups ice.
10. Spa Cucumber Smoot- Peel, seed and chop 2 medium cucumbers. Blend with the juice of 1 lime, 1/2 cup water, 1 cup ice and 3 to 4 tablespoons sugar or honey.